• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

clamping .NET framework 3+ .. please HELP!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clamping .NET framework 3+ .. please HELP!!

Hi,

After microsoft ( in their infinite wisdom ) shipped .NET framework 2.0 - for all subsequent releases they stopped shipping them with their own version of the configuration wizard ( mscorcfg.msc ) instead from their documentation you've got to use v2.0's mscorcfg.msc.

my question here is - using that wizard it will always show .NET Framework 2.0 - so how the heck am I supposed to know whether I'm configuring v2.0 or 3.0 or 3.5??

any help would be appreciated....
    Last edited by argoran; 1 September 2008, 10:18.

have a look at what I googled.

http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en-...-596775bd66ea/
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by argoran View Post
      Hi,

After microsoft ( in their infinite wisdom ) shipped .NET framework 2.0 - for all subsequent releases they stopped shipping them with their own version of the configuration wizard ( mscorcfg.msc ) instead from their documentation you've got to use v2.0's mscorcfg.msc.

my question here is - using that wizard it will always show .NET Framework 2.0 - so how the heck am I supposed to know whether I'm configuring v2.0 or 3.0 or 3.5??

any help would be appreciated....

.NET 3.0 and 3.5 is built on 2.0 (it is 2.0 core plus extras). Therefore you are either configuring 2.0 or 1.1 only and by configuring 2.0 you are configuring 3.0 and 3.5 by the same token.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        .NET 3.0 and 3.5 is built on 2.0 (it is 2.0 core plus extras). Therefore you are either configuring 2.0 or 1.1 only and by configuring 2.0 you are configuring 3.0 and 3.5 by the same token.
        but how could that be ? I did read most of the microsoft whitepapers regarding that they don't say that explicitly however they do say that the core of 2.0 is the same for 3.0 - but when it goes to securing the policies they mention that you use the same mscorcfg.msc ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2bc0cxhc.aspx ) - so you assume that you have to seperately configure each version otherwise why mention it at all since 3.5 on deployment would deploy 2.0 & 3.0 anyway???

Also what about the new techs that are with 3.0/3.5 like WF WPF etc surely these would have to be clamped as well?

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
          Thanks - Yes, I had seen this link - however, using mscorcfg how do I know if I'm configuring 2.0 or 3.5???if you fire it up it would only show 2.0 ??

Comment

Working...
          X