• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

domain names etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat View Post
    should also mention
    MyDomain.com

They have a variety of services: I use a free (!) one where a domain that I have registered elsewhere is redirected to a URL on a site that is hosted in yet another place.
    Stumbled across this whilst looking for a free email forwarding service. I've now registered with MyDomain.com, but can't get "my domain" to work there. I've updated the DNS records at the domain register to point to the my domain servers (& they now do), but they're not registering the MX record for the domain, in the control panel I get:

DNS Status: Active in our DNS servers for web browsing. It will not be active for email until after the system has confirmed that the domain is resolving to our DNS servers. Our system will check this domain every hour.

Any idea how long it takes to register this correctly? They don't seem to offer mail support to free loaders!

I'm thinking of jumping ship & trying ZoneEdit.com instead.

Comment

I use http://www.1and1.com

Comment

I recently registered a .info domain at 123Reg for 99p. I now have the DNS set to a freeby website hosting service at freehostia.com. So far, early days, it's working out just fine with the exception that the FTP uploads to the freehostia.com webspace are a bit flaky. Has everything I need though to run a PHPBB3 Forum. Nice one I reckon.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
        X