• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Arrrgh - RPG ILE nightmare

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrrgh - RPG ILE nightmare

Gents,

I'm not sure if any of you can help, but it would be handy if you could (don't worry I shall be consulting other "more targeted" fora but they are generally slow to reply).

I have an RPG entry point module which does the following

Code:
    move NewDS to PrevDS

Callb screenhandlerrmodule
    Parm NewDS + others

is PrevDS still = NewDS, if so exit.
    Trouble is PrevDD is cleared on the return of the screenhandlermodule so it never exits.

Any idea how this could happen? PrevDS is not passed to screenhandlermodule, or amended anywhere else.

If the DS is local to the entry point module, how is it being amended by a callb to another module?

I've recompiled everything affected in the correct order so I'm pretty sure it's not that.
    Last edited by Moscow Mule; 20 May 2008, 16:08.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

more info

Both DS are from the same external file, but the second is Prefixed.
    Code:
      26500       * New Account in Screen Format - Master Details                                                           01/06/99
      26600      D NewAcMast     E DS                  EXTNAME(GLAMADPD)                                                                                         01/06/99
      27700       * (Previous) Account in Screen Format - Master Details                                                    01/06/99
      27800      D PrvAcMast     E DS                  EXTNAME(GLAMADPD)                                                    01/06/99
      27900      D                                     PREFIX(@P)                                                           01/06/99
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Don't worry (as if you were)

Some donkey has got a mismatch in calling parameters about 4 levels down in the validation modules. Totally cocking up the local storage, but not throwing an error.

Fixed now, you can all go back to your chips and curry sauce.

Comment

Glad we could help

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Don't worry (as if you were)

Some donkey has got a mismatch in calling parameters about 4 levels down in the validation modules. Totally cocking up the local storage, but not throwing an error.

Fixed now, you can all go back to your chips and curry sauce.
          yeah I was going to say have you checked that...

honest!
          B00med!

Comment

Working...
          X