• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VBA Automation operation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VBA Automation operation

I have a useful excel sheet that pops up when PC starts if there are any important deadlines. This is launched from a simple VB prog in startup. After installing and removing a rubbish drawing package yesterday this has stopped working.

The line

Set xlTmp = New Excel.Application

now gives Run time error 432
    File name or class name not found during Automation operation.

Excel is working. Ran regcure and did not help. Cheers for any other ideas.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

From things on net looks like the damn thing has removed and unregistered DAO360.dll. But not sure about trying remedy as given on Vista, is version/path correct?

There is a DAO360.dll in a very long obscurely named directory that looks to me like a restore copy. Seem to recall a windows thing that automatically repaired lost/damaged system files but darned if I can remember how.

PS System restore does not work worth a damn on Vista.
    bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I always use

Code:
      Set someobject = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
      and then

Code:
      someobject.Workbooks.Open <<SpreadsheetLocation>>
      to actually open it

When calling a spreadsheet from another Office program. Should be the same from a VB module...
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Thanks Mr Robin but that construct give the same error.

Oh sod, tried system restore and not only did it not fix fault, it brought back another one I spent ages on a few weeks back. I HATE VISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        bloggoth

Comment

Sounds like the Excel Automation Object has been removed, however I don't know if you can just install it from the Office CD.

Perhaps running the installer and 'fixing' the installation will do it....
          Still Invoicing

Comment

Working...
          X