• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dell power adapter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Does anyone know what kind of power sockets they have in planes? Is it 110V US-style, or 240V Europe style or what?
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Which carrier? Which plane.

It'll more than likely be "European" as they are the most common.
    I'm not sure I've ever seen a proper power socket in an airline seat - they normally have one of those poxy little adaptors.

BUT checking BA.com it seems they have started introducing 110V AC
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I'm actually flying American Airlines. So I guess the options are:

1)US mains power at 110V
      2)Cigarette lighter socket.
      3)The fancy version of 2), the name I forget. ECemp or something...

Obviously it's a big difference between 1 & 2, what I need to get to support it.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Ah, I managed to scour AA.com and found they use cigarette style power outputs. And they even tell me which seats have power... so I changed my seat accordingly!

I see there are a lot of "universal laptop adapters" out there which let you plug into a cigarette lighter... you can select your output voltage and they come with a load of different plugs. But they vary from £14 - £140 and no doubt the size and weight are widely varying. So, has anyone got any recommendation for a decent one?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Ah, I managed to scour AA.com and found they use cigarette style power outputs. And they even tell me which seats have power... so I changed my seat accordingly!

I see there are a lot of "universal laptop adapters" out there which let you plug into a cigarette lighter... you can select your output voltage and they come with a load of different plugs. But they vary from £14 - £140 and no doubt the size and weight are widely varying. So, has anyone got any recommendation for a decent one?
          I bought European and US power leads from dell for my inspiron. Cost about 6 quid each.

Outlet configuration can cause difficulties. I have yet to find any US or EU adapter which is satisfactory when plugged into an extension lead with only one spare outlet - mainly due to the width of a UK plug.

Comment

Working...
          X