• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MP3/video player recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbriody View Post
    Looks really good. Only downside for me is that this is a hard drive player whereas I was after flash-based (I only skimmed the review so may have missed something).

I ended up with the Archos for £118 from Amazon. Just waiting for the mini dock and an 8Gb SD (£17.99 from play) to complete the setup.

FWIW I'm very pleased with it. It plays all of my avi's without conversion and I have streamed video, pictures and music from my server locally over wifi and can access it remotely using the web browser. I have stopped using my laptop on the train to watch video.

If you want a flash-based player I'm happy to recommended it but for a hard drive player the Cowon looks unbeatable.
    What encoding are the avi's? Does it take xvid? Divx?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Both work fine for me.

Comment

Don't know if you're aware, but you can drag and drop VIDEO_TS folders onto the Archos from DVDs (as long as you've got the cinema plugin).

I find it better to use CloneDVD to copy DVDs to it as you can choose whether to copy the extras and other stuff that you normally don't want to see.

Comment

Thanks yes, I bought all the plugins :-)

TBH I'd rip to an xvid or divx before transferring a DVD.

Comment

Working...
          X