• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WOrd and the Euro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOrd and the Euro

I've been looking for a solution to this and can't find it. So while I continue to look I'll pass it onto you lot. I have a wireless MS keyboard and mouse and in word (only in word as far as I can tell) when I hit the right arrow key I get the Euro symbol which is really annoying if I want to move right in a document (and not insert a Euro symbol) Does anybody have a clue what I should do - I'm considering getting a wired keyboard. I've changed the batteries and updated the drivers. Still I get the euro symbol.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I've been looking for a solution to this and can't find it. So while I continue to look I'll pass it onto you lot. I have a wireless MS keyboard and mouse and in word (only in word as far as I can tell) when I hit the right arrow key I get the Euro symbol which is really annoying if I want to move right in a document (and not insert a Euro symbol) Does anybody have a clue what I should do - I'm considering getting a wired keyboard. I've changed the batteries and updated the drivers. Still I get the euro symbol.
    First borrow a wired keyboard and see if that does the same. If it does, start digging through the Word configuration, because the problem is almost certainly in there. If it doesn't, borrow another wireless keyboard and see if it does the same. If so, suspect something in the driver(s) related to wireless keyboards. If not, replace your keyboard with either a wired or wireless one, according to taste, because it's probably your keyboard.

Comment

Go to <Insert>, then <Symbol>.

Select the Euro symbol from the list.

At the bottom check what shortcut key is assigned to it, if it say's "Right" thats ya cursor key.

Click the Shortcut Key button and change it there

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by JailBreak View Post
        Go to <Insert>, then <Symbol>.

Select the Euro symbol from the list.

At the bottom check what shortcut key is assigned to it, if it say's "Right" thats ya cursor key.

Click the Shortcut Key button and change it there

HTH
        A virtual beer for you. Thanks for that and now to batter the little sod who put the shortcut in there.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Whoop Beer!!!!!!!!!!, Im getting that Friday feeling

Comment

Working...
          X