• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Network adapter probs...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network adapter probs...

Hi All,

Any thoughts...

laptop was working fine friday & on friday had a windows update, downloaded and installed and ... now, it can no longer find work network, wireless has stopped and wont connect to internet (working off a another laptop at present obviously)

I have checked the device manager and all the network adapters have the dreaded yellow ! triangle mark.... i think this is the problem but where can i get the drivers updated?

running vista following have probs

6T04 Adapter
    Broadcom netlink (TM) gigabit ethernet
    Intel (R) PRO/wireless 3945ABG Network connection
    Teredo Tunelling Pseudo-Interface
    WAN Miniport (IP)
    WAN Miniport (IPv6)
    WAN Miniport (L2TP)
    WAN Miniport (PPPOE)
    WAN Miniport (PPTP)

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

remove the adapter, then reinstall using downloaded drivers, not the carrpy MS ones...
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

No internet connection....

Is there a way i can download on this laptop, and then upload to the other laptop? if so, what site?

the computer that has gone down is an acer apsire 4920
      Last edited by NewbieContractor; 17 December 2007, 12:16.

Comment

When you did the update, windows should have created a system restore point.

You should be able to just roll back to before that.

Never done it on vista though...

Comment

If you go into the properties for each NIC the driver tab should have a button that allows you to roll back the driver.

I left my dearly beloved Vista laptop at home today so I can't check if it's included - would be suprised if it wasn't.

It might ask you several times if you're sure you want to do it and still not let you do it even if you're an 'administrator'.. wouldn't suprise me
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Ok - the roll back buttons wont let me click them, tried that

Trying a system restore again, it failed last time.... arrrghhhh

Comment

just run a system restore - updated, shut down etc... but then on start up said there was an error and the system was not restored!

Comment

have you tried just uninstalling all of the adapters, then reboot...?
                "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

I got a Vista laptop yesterday and can feel your pain.

I mentioned it to one of the permies here and he said "Why don't you do what everyone else does and just wipe it and install XP"..
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I would be interested to know what update you installed..

Comment

Working...
                    X