• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freeware/low cost uploader

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeware/low cost uploader

Doing a village website and want a server side uploader where others can upload stuff via simple HTML form. There's a sample on here:-

http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=123020

Not knowing a thing about server side stuff I did not quite follow the last line headed
    PHP Code:
    <?php echo etc

Does that go in the HTML or what?

Cheers
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

echo function will send data to final generated HTML.

Comment

It isn't made very clear on the website as the HTML markup hasn't been included in the code box. What you should do is copy the complete thing, like this: (I've also added the <html> tags as these were missing from the original script)

Code:
      <?php 

$max_size = 15; //Your maximum file size(in mb); 
      $direc_copy = "uploads/"; //Directory to copy to 
      //Seperate with a comma 
      $accepted_file_list = "video,image"; // the files types you will allow to be copied, Possible options are: 
      //text,image,audio,video,application 

$accepted_file_list = explode(",",$accepted_file_list); 
      $max_size = (($max_size * 1024) * 1024); 
      $submit = $_POST['submit']; // get the submit 
      if (isset($submit)){ 
             $filename = $_FILES['file_upload']; //get the file details 
          $mime_type = explode("/", $filename['type']); //get the first bit of the mime type 
           if (($filename['size'] > 0) and ($filename['size'] < $max_size)){ //check if a file actually exists. 
              if (in_array($mime_type[0], $accepted_file_list)){//check if the file is in the accepted_file_list array 
                  copy($filename['tmp_name'], $direc_copy . $filename['name']); // copy the file 
                  $message = "Your file has been uploaded."; //message if copied 
                  }  
                  else { 
                      $message = "Filetype not supported"; //message if filetype not supported 
                      } 
              } else { 
                  $message = "File is outside of the allowed boundaries"; 
                  } 
      } 
      ?> 

<html>
      <head>
      </head>
      <body>

<form action="uploader_test.php" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="fileuploader" id="fileuploader">
      <input type="file" name="file_upload" id="file_upload">
      <input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit">
      </form>

<?php echo($message . "<br>" . "The link is " . $direc_copy . $filename['name']); ?> 

</body>
      </html>
      You would copy and paste all of the code into a plain text document and save with a filename of 'uploader_test.php' then upload it. Also make sure you have a folder called 'uploads' in the same directory as the script.

HTH

Comment

Working...
      X