• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fasthosts security breach

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fasthosts security breach

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7131431.stm

The article fails to mention that, prior to the hack, all passwords were stored in plain-text and not encrypted.

Un-believeable.

I've a Fasthosts a/c and like most here also within the IT arena

Sometimes 'things' go wrong in IT and Fasthosts are dealing with it and full marks to them for not covering it up

I've had several emails and mailshots explaining the situation with advice and alternative solutions to resolve the issue

They (like you) are in the IT arena, FFS give em a break

Comment

I got emails from Fasthosts telling me to change my password and I do seem to have an account. I have not the vaguest idea why, never used em that I recall.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

i'm with fasthosts, not heard anything. cvnts.

Comment

Their site got hacked and as a prevention they are advising you to chnage your email and CP passwords

Comment

I'm with Fasthosts too.. Changed all my passwords after it first came to light, but they decided to change my control panel password anyway and sent me a new one on the post.. Irritating, but better that they are open and poractive about it..
            The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Originally posted by IT_Contractor_Agent View Post
              I've a Fasthosts a/c and like most here also within the IT arena

Sometimes 'things' go wrong in IT and Fasthosts are dealing with it and full marks to them for not covering it up

I've had several emails and mailshots explaining the situation with advice and alternative solutions to resolve the issue

They (like you) are in the IT arena, FFS give em a break
              You don't quite seem to understand the parasite/host concept - parasites are supposed to stick on to not up for hosts.

HTH

Comment

Working...
              X