• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any of you got this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one is pretty cool as well
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Or this for an extra 100 notes:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/128684

Comment

Cheap laptops are 10 and penny. I thought the point was to find an ultra-portable with full functionality?

If so I suggest a look at the link I posted earlier. Its a truly tiny, full function laptop with USB, wireless, bluetooth, card readers, LAN, tablet mode, 1Gb RAM, 80Gb hard drive, Windows XP with a 1024 x 768 max screen res.

Its reminiscent of the old Libretto but smaller and lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by mbriody View Post
          Cheap laptops are 10 and penny. I thought the point was to find an ultra-portable with full functionality?

If so I suggest a look at the link I posted earlier. Its a truly tiny, full function laptop with USB, wireless, bluetooth, card readers, LAN, tablet mode, 1Gb RAM, 80Gb hard drive, Windows XP with a 1024 x 768 max screen res.

Its reminiscent of the old Libretto but smaller and lighter.
          It's expensive, though. I quite like the look of the toy one that SAS was talking about.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Tiny amount of storage though.

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            It's expensive, though. I quite like the look of the toy one that SAS was talking about.

Comment

I guess it depends on what you want it for.

I have a small laptop at home (2 years old), a big laptop for running Oracle on (1 year old), but want something small, lightweight and cheap for using on the train and to sit on my desk at work to access sites that I can't through work (e.g. some support sites that require downloads, which are blocked here).

£220 is a possible justification, £500+ isn't. Storage space isn't really a concern - a pocket hard drive will so that if I need it.

But, as I say - it depends on what you want / need it for.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I guess it depends on what you want it for.

I have a small laptop at home (2 years old), a big laptop for running Oracle on (1 year old), but want something small, lightweight and cheap for using on the train and to sit on my desk at work to access sites that I can't through work (e.g. some support sites that require downloads, which are blocked here).

£220 is a possible justification, £500+ isn't. Storage space isn't really a concern - a pocket hard drive will so that if I need it.

But, as I say - it depends on what you want / need it for.
                Yes. I currently lug my company all-singing & dancing laptop around. But on the train I'm usually just writing docs or reading spreadsheets. Plus I'm getting a top range desktop as well. So for my needs this is perfect. Can't go wrong for 200 notes anyway.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

But where can you get one from? (
                  I've got 2.

I use them as bookends.

K

Comment

IF you get one, you can always stick a decent OS on it

http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2007/11/12654/

You will be violating some license agreement though.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                      IF you get one, you can always stick a decent OS on it

http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2007/11/12654/

You will be violating some license agreement though.
                      No - XP is supported, there are installation instructions with the PC.

Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X