• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HP Spares

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Spares

Crap! Despite being hired as a Solaris Architect, this customer has me fixing Windows boxes whilst their kit arrives. I was just fitting a removable bay, and accidentally cut through a HDD power cable in a HP workstation.

Does anyone know of a place I can get cheap HP spares, I don't really want to pay full retail for this - I suspect it'll be £400+

Cheers....
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Try these guys: http://www.bnpcs.com/

I have not used them myself, but had them bookmarked for future reference.

Failing that, you may get a bargain on eBay.

Try and get the HP part number which will make your life easier when looking for a replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
      carp! Despite being hired as a Solaris Architect, this customer has me fixing Windows boxes whilst their kit arrives. I was just fitting a removable bay, and accidentally cut through a HDD power cable in a HP workstation.

Does anyone know of a place I can get cheap HP spares, I don't really want to pay full retail for this - I suspect it'll be £400+

Cheers....

Bugger me thats impressive. Or were you using a pair of wire cutters as a screwdriver?
      Cut the cable back and tape it up - they'll never notice.
      What model workstation is it? Might know someone with some spare bits floating around if its an old one.

K

Comment

chocblock

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
          chocblock
          I second that emotion.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
          X