• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VB.net help provider

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VB.net help provider

Never fannied around so long trying to get something "simple" to work.

VS 2005. All I want to do is display a different help page on a form that depends on difficulty level but just get the not found page. Say I want to show page1.html in compiled file help.chm how do I do it?

I have already tried every flipping approach/syntax I can find on the net and in the crappy .net help. Does anyone have any VB/C#.net code that they know actually works?

Cheers for any input.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 30 October 2007, 12:00.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Simple really

From google::::

Check out the Help.ShowHelp and Help.ShowHelpIndex methods on MSDN...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...whelptopic.asp

Show contents page...

Help.ShowHelp(ParentForm, HelpFilePath)

Show index page...

Help.ShowHelpIndex(ParentForm, HelpFilePath)

Show a specific topic...

Help.ShowHelp(ParentForm, HelpFilePath,
    HelpNavigator.Topic.TableOfContents, TopicFile)

Here is another link that may be helpful...

http://www.helpware.net/mshelp2/demo2/h1xNET.htm

HTH

Comment

Ta but did try those and got nowhere. Would help if any of them explained exactly what a topic is.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
      X