• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

pc/PSU (kettle) lead - what amp for the fuse?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pc/PSU (kettle) lead - what amp for the fuse?

just me asking a silly questions .... again.

Bought PSU for new PC build and mistakenly put the power (kettle) lead with a few other leads i have in the house.
    I cant remember which lead it is because all the leads come with different amp fuses i.e 3,5 & 13amps

the PSU is corsair HX520w

any idea what the amp should be on the fuse?

css_jay99

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post

Bought PSU for new PC build and mistakenly put the power (kettle) lead with a few other leads i have in the house.
    I cant remember which lead it is because all the leads come with different amp fuses i.e 3,5 & 13amps

css_jay99
    13 amp should be fine.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

css_jay99
      5A for the PSU. A 3A would support the normal operating current, but a cold start "surge" will probably take it out.
      Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        13 amp should be fine.
        Yup.. for a kettle...

Comment

Use Ohms Law, since you know the voltage and power....
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
            Use Ohms Law, since you know the voltage and power....
            thats 520/240 = 2.1amp

so ideally 3 or 5amp max should be fine

up and runing and cant even configure the motherboard for the 2.4Quad cpu.

things certainly have changed since the good ol days of setting clock speeds using jumpers on the motherboard

Comment

thats 520/240 = 2.1amp

so ideally 3 or 5amp max should be fine

up and runing and cant even configure the motherboard for the 2.4Quad cpu.

things certainly have changed since the good ol days of setting clock speeds using jumpers on the motherboard
              Ah the good old days hey!

As you've got the case open, you'd probably be fitting a co-processor as well.

Comment

Working...
              X