• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

wireless networks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try to set the wireless channel to a number between 1 and 12. The second laptop might have a wireless chipset designed for other regions, in that case it won't see channels above 12...
    The rest is silence...

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      I'm trying to connect my other laptop to my wireless network for the wife to use... but it won't see the router. It sees every other network in the area just not my damn network

Anyone know of any possible reasons?

I know the network works fine, PC, main laptop, PS3 and PSP all connect to it without any problems
      Linksys routers have a bug connecting to some types of laptop.

Try a fixed ip.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Wireless Networks

I will suggest you try checking the encryption settings, some 802.x (b) adapters may not identify networks security higher than WEP.

I have had several encounters with BT Hubs, on this issue.

Best of Luck!

Comment

You don't have MAC address filtering set up do you???
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by Viktor View Post
            Try to set the wireless channel to a number between 1 and 12. The second laptop might have a wireless chipset designed for other regions, in that case it won't see channels above 12...
            winner

took me a while to find the channel setting though
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
            X