• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any php sorts around?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any php sorts around?

Using dodosmail for email ordering. Want to make a small change but know absolutely sweet FA of php.

for($i = 0; $i < count($required_fields); $i++) {
    $required_var_name = $required_fields[$i];
    if(empty($$required_var_name)) {
    include_dodosmail_header($dodosmail_header_file);
    echo "<p class=\"DodosMailError\">DodosMail Error - the required field ".dodosmail_error_handle($required_var_name)." is not filled.\n";
    echo "<br /><br /><a href=\"javascript:history.back(1)\">Back</a>\n";
    echo "</p>\n";
    include_dodosmail_footer($dodosmail_footer_file);
    exit;
    }
    }

Obviously that produces an HTML error message in current browser. What I would like to do is to make it open the same content in a new/popup page.

Ta for any idea.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Just echo out some javascript that opens a new window when run. PHP cant do it directly.

Comment

PHP runs on the webserver and just passes the results to the browser.

As SockPuppet said, you would need to output some client side script (Java Script / VB Script) to tell the browser what to do.

Off the top of my head Something like this should do it:

PHP Code:
      echo '<script language="JavaScript">window.open("http://www.contractoruk.com"); </script>'

Comment

Ah! jscript I can do. Cheers chaps!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
        X