• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Detecting USB Usage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Methuselah View Post
    The problems here are two, for me:
    1. As part of my work, I bring knowledge on a USB stick. I also access it on the internet. I accept jobs on the basis of that being possible, and if it is not, any estimate or impression that I have given of being able to do the job on time, or at all, is rendered invalid.
    2. I don't actually work for the client, I contract services to them. I no more undertake to spend all my office hours doing nothing but their job spec, than I undertake not to make or receive phone calls during office hours.
    That sounds fair...the way I managed the IT would not work for everybody and exceptions would be made on a case by case basis.
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
      My client has recently introduced rules around USB memory sticks. In short you can't use them...

What's the best alternative to using memory sticks? A good online file depository or something?

Cheers. R
      Try BT Digital Vault. The free service gives you 1Gb of storage.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...L_digitalvault

Comment

setup a yahoo email account and email to that - you can get a gb there also
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

OOo. BT Vailt thing looks good. Thanks Clippy. I can get 5gb free as I'm a broadband customer too.

Thanks TonyE but Yahoo! is! blocked! at! client! also! D'oh!
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Yahoo! is! blocked! at! client! also! D'oh!
            Do they carry out random body searches on people suspected of unauthorised abacus use, too?

"Alright sonny, put down the slide rule"

Comment

OOo. BT Vailt thing looks good. Thanks Clippy. I can get 5gb free as I'm a broadband customer too.

Thanks TonyE but Yahoo! is! blocked! at! client! also! D'oh!
              I've had Gmail work where Yahoo and my own webmail didn't.
              Wissen ist Macht, aber nichts wissen macht nichts.

Comment

Working...
              X