• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hong Kong batteries

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hong Kong batteries

My old Dell laptop needs a new battery. Looking on ebay, there's lots of cheap ones from Hong Kong, with longer life than standard too.

Any reason to avoid these? Seems a bit too good to be true.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Not sure if it'll be the same but I've bought cheap camera batteries off ebay and they're not worth the postage paid.

Pays yer money, takes yer chance I suppose.

Comment

Is the seller rating ok?

Comment

DO NOT BUY FROM HONG KONG with eBay.

There has just been a big bust out there - a group selling goods that do not appear/exist - seller ratings are faked.

Comment

Personally I try to buy all my EBAY items from UK. I did buy an item from US once and it was ok.

HTH
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

I've bought a few items from Hong Kong and been ok so far
            "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

I bought a psp from hong kong and it was ok - just be prepared to wait longer than buying from a uk seller - and as already said by another poster check the feedback - you can tell if its fake by clicking on the feedback left for others also

Comment

Originally posted by Fishface
                DO NOT BUY FROM HONG KONG with eBay.

There has just been a big bust out there - a group selling goods that do not appear/exist - seller ratings are faked.
                I fell for one of those, found something I was after and bidded straight away as it was 5 minutes to the end of the auction. I won, then checked out the sellers profile. Decided not to pay, alerted ebay (feck all response from them as always), sent the seller an email explaining why I wasn't paying and a few days later the sellers profile no longer existed.
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                X