• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Website Statistics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re

What's your website xoggoth?

Comment

Re: re

Ministerial Stabbin' for Dummies, perhaps?

Comment

re

I've added Word Frequency to it:

www.mycgiserver.com/~auto...bscan.html

Comment

re

I've added Word Frequency to it:

www.mycgiserver.com/~auto...bscan.html

You can now type in any URL full path (ie. www.site.com/folder/page.asp) and get up a word count.

Comment

you going in the right direction reynolds, keep working

Comment

re

i'm not sure if i want to go the whole hog and make it real time and fix it up to a database. ain't much point re-inventing the wheel but there could be some originality in there.

Comment

Bit of QA

There is a broken image link - not important - I just find them irritating.

The word frequency is not working - according to you the word campsite does not appear in www.kwikbreaks.co.uk - I can assure you it does - several times.
                The list may be more useful in descending frequency rather than alphabetic - you can always search the page for any given word using the browser.
                It's nice to see that it works with frames though

When reading the meta tags I noticed the other day that it didn't work over multiple lines - I changed the site now just in case other crawlers don't either.

Now - AtW - can you tell me why this program shows loads of words that you can't see in view source?

Comment

re

thanks fiddleabout, Atw.

The reason its skipping out "campsite" is down to the rules I've applied to the parser. I've got it to ignore what's between the < > 's but its ignoring what's between the ><'s as well. Should be an easy fix. The easy option is show everything but then you get 50 odd td's and br's !

I've done something similar to this but with email decomposition - converting the body to html, getting the subject, date, attachment etc.

Comment

You'll also get problems with sites that have html erors I suspect.

AtW - I'm not bothered about the current host - all my sites will be going to a shiny new server over the next few weeks. You are correct about meta tags too imo - I stil put a few in but suspect they are ignored - title meta desc and the H1's are more important.

Comment

it is good to have some practice - if you do a free but useful tool it will drive traffic. this is partly how I am planning to
                      promote my business - some tools will be free.

fiddle:

> Now - AtW - can you tell me why this program shows loads
                      > of words that you can't see in view source?

well you know my views on testers

> Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) mod_gzip/1.3.19.1a PHP/4.1.2
                      > mod_perl/1.24

a bit outdated PHP - there were some security issues you might want to check it

meta tags are being ignored these days - ok not ignored but assigned very low value because its too easy to manipulate them.

Comment

Working...
                      X