• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Problems with Freeview installation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Freeview installation

Yes I know "it's not a computer" but hey, it's christmas.

I'm trying to tune in my box, but I'm just getting four odd channels: sky travel, ukhistory, sky sports new and sky news.

That's it - no bbc, no itv, no radio channels.

Do I need a booster or something on my aerial?

Any advice gratefully received... :\

re

yeh, you need a booster.

Comment

Re: re

ta reynolds,

Latest research say I can get MUX C but none of the others. Off to town for a booster.

I'm praying that it'll work and I won't need to upgrade my aerial...

Comment

re

ive got a philips one (looks like a mini-dish). works really well. if you change the angle of the aerial it can mean the difference between 5 channels so once you've got a strong signal do another search for new channels.

Comment

It's very dependent on the aerial, Cojak.

Comment

ta guys,

does this mean I might be able to get away with an indoor aerial? (I guess the philips one is reynolds?).

I am sooo ticked off with this. At least the broadband media put it about that you need to check your exchange first.

Not the b@stard BBC though....

£80 my arse...

Comment

Get a wide-band aerial

I had the same problem, so got a wide-band at Maplins - about £20 if I remember correctly - and now its a perfect picture on all channels

HTH

Comment

me too - needed a new arial on the roof. 30 smackeroonies and hey presto - all the channels and a brill picture.

EDIT: oops, aerial

Comment

There's always Sky, Cojak.

But it's a bit more than £80....

My subs just gone up to £19-50/month...

Comment

Where did you get your aerial from, SP? Di you install it yourself?

I'm just about to return the indoor aerial and booster to Argos - the gits won't let me return the freeview box tho'... :x

Comment

Working...
                    X