• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

best web shop software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best web shop software

I wanna build an online emporium and I'm not a code-monkey. Anyone recommend one?

Requirements are:

Intuitive for a non-coder
    End results look professional
    Extensible (in terms of product line)
    Plugs straight into credit card payment providers
    VFM

Any suggestions?

Older and ...well, just older!!

http://www.strato-hosting.co.uk/shops/packages.html

Not used it myself but looks powerful for the cost.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

oh yeah - forgot a requirement:

No monthly payment

I just want to build it, stick it up on my current hosting provider, and manage it...

Comment

How will you accept payments?

Comment

No monthly payment for the software. Said software includes a payment gateway, for which I assume payment differs dependent on which gateway you choose (worldpay, protx etc).

I'm still researching this so forgive me if I have got this wrong.

Comment

A payment gateway is one thing, but you'll need an Internet Merchant Account opened. That takes time and requires quite a lot of effort if you want a low transaction fee.

Comment

This is true. It is on my list of things to look at as it is still early days right now.

Comment

I would be interested in any answers to this myself as my current home built system is looking seriously crap now we have more products. Not spent much time on it, but in previous searches I have found that a decent shopping cart solution to interface with Worldpay is rather expensive, like the £40 pm one quoted above.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Try OSCommerce or ZenCart
                  Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Are you guys seriously saying that £40/month is too much to pay for a fully hosted and managed shop solution?

Like £2 a day is too much money?

Comment

Working...
                    X