• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Orgs banning power automate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orgs banning power automate

Was in a meeting earlier and got told some orgs including quite large multinationals have a ban on Power Automate - anyone seen this and/or care to speculate about why?

I don't know enough about the subject matter of Power automate but from a quick Google the possibility of creating scenarios and situations a la Post Office/Fujitsu whether intended or not would seem to be to be worryingly high.

Maybe thats something to do with it?
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      Was in a meeting earlier and got told some orgs including quite large multinationals have a ban on Power Automate - anyone seen this and/or care to speculate about why?
      I suspect the reasoning is somewhere between security and support. Users won't give hoots about ensuring PA is secure and also who will maintain it when said user leaves/gives up with having to support it themselves? I'm yet to see an organisation that sees it more than shadow IT the user is reasonable for.
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
      X