• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Increase in spam/junk mail into Outlook.com?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increase in spam/junk mail into Outlook.com?

Has anyone noticed an increase in spam/junk mail that one would normally expect Microsoft to filter out from their email services?

I seem to getting loads... really random stuff, but generally the same format: no text and either single or multiple images linking to various shonky websites.

And only since the start of this year.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Haven't had any that obvious. I do notice a spike in Phishing mails from time to time. Just this week a windows 11 welcome mail came through a few times, then hit junk then stopped. I assumed the spammers find a way of playing any junk algorithms for awhile until MS's spam filters learn and rinse and repeat.

Bit like a period where mails with different font or lots of weird spaces in the subject line seemed prevalent and then stopped. Just the spammers constantly testing spam filters I guess.

Not had anything really badly formatted or is blatant scam/spam for a long time though.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yes definitely noticed this in the last couple of months. Especially the kind that say I've won an Oral B toothbrush or an electric kettle or some such nonsense.

MS spam filtering used to be really good, no idea what has changed to cause this.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
        Yes definitely noticed this in the last couple of months. Especially the kind that say I've won an Oral B toothbrush or an electric kettle or some such nonsense.

MS spam filtering used to be really good, no idea what has changed to cause this.
        Yep I got them but they went straight to junk.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          ...Bit like a period where mails with different font or lots of weird spaces in the subject line seemed prevalent and then stopped. Just the spammers constantly testing spam filters I guess...
          Yup, I'm getting a load of those at the moment. I'd have thought that they would be the easiest to filter out, hence my question to see if MS has ****ed their filtering.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Yup, same. It's frustrating more than dangerous, but I'd still rather MS did their job.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

I don't know if there is something wider going on with certain MS products but I've heard an awful lot of noise from multiple sources about Teams lately too.

Comment

I don't know if there is something wider going on with certain MS products but I've heard an awful lot of noise from multiple sources about Teams lately too.
                Interesting, thanks. I'll keep my eye on this. I've not been on Teams for a while, but I suspect that will change for my new gig.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Working...
                X