• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

.NET Third Party Controls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.NET Third Party Controls

currently looking to buy some .NET third party controls for a small app I am working on, this is my plan B.

Does anyone have recommendations? I have looked at "Infragistics" and "Syncfusion" but don't really know which one is better?

Originally posted by Bright Spark
    currently looking to buy some .NET third party controls for a small app I am working on, this is my plan B.

Does anyone have recommendations? I have looked at "Infragistics" and "Syncfusion" but don't really know which one is better?

telerik, cheap, good support, look good
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Write them yourself!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford
        telerik, cheap, good support, look good
        I haven't liked Telerik very much.
        - Very buggy;
        - Updates always break things -- either by design i.e. their API changes for no discernible reason, but usually because they seem not even to bother testing before releasing (look at the frequency of their so-called hotfixes);
        - Extremely awkward programming/design interface;
        - Documentation looks like it was written by an ESL student;
        - Adds HUGE overhead to your web pages;
        - 'Features' that are extremely difficult to debug, and in fact can make your own bugs hard to find;
        - Can really mess up the VS IDE in terms of project references (makes DLL hell look like a sanctuary).

Apart from that, yeah they look pretty flash.

Comment

depends what you're looking for. componentart stuff is not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus
            I haven't liked Telerik very much.
            - Very buggy;
            - Updates always break things -- either by design i.e. their API changes for no discernible reason, but usually because they seem not even to bother testing before releasing (look at the frequency of their so-called hotfixes);
            - Extremely awkward programming/design interface;
            - Documentation looks like it was written by an ESL student;
            - Adds HUGE overhead to your web pages;
            - 'Features' that are extremely difficult to debug, and in fact can make your own bugs hard to find;
            - Can really mess up the VS IDE in terms of project references (makes DLL hell look like a sanctuary).

Apart from that, yeah they look pretty flash.

ah you obviously stay on one gig to long, get in implement flashy look n feel, people think your great, leave and let them worry about telerik updates.

I agree their js is bloaty and confusing to debug the callbacks, but most api's are confusing. for simple stuff i just use anthem.net, but it doesn't have the web2.0 jazz
            whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Component Art Controls are pretty spot on..

Telerik I found had problems and caused crashing on IE 5.5
              please do not ask for money...
              as a smack in the mouth often offends

Comment

I highly recommend syncfusion. Great products (especially their grid control) and great support.

Apparently the guy who developed the syncfusion grid was an ex-MS guy who was a lead-dev on the Excel project.

Comment

Working...
                X