• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on ".NET Third Party Controls"

Collapse

• 3ill
    replied
    I highly recommend syncfusion. Great products (especially their grid control) and great support.

Apparently the guy who developed the syncfusion grid was an ex-MS guy who was a lead-dev on the Excel project.

Leave a comment:

• Hedgehog
    replied
    Component Art Controls are pretty spot on..

Telerik I found had problems and caused crashing on IE 5.5

Leave a comment:

• HankWangford
    replied
    Originally posted by Magnus
    I haven't liked Telerik very much.
    - Very buggy;
    - Updates always break things -- either by design i.e. their API changes for no discernible reason, but usually because they seem not even to bother testing before releasing (look at the frequency of their so-called hotfixes);
    - Extremely awkward programming/design interface;
    - Documentation looks like it was written by an ESL student;
    - Adds HUGE overhead to your web pages;
    - 'Features' that are extremely difficult to debug, and in fact can make your own bugs hard to find;
    - Can really mess up the VS IDE in terms of project references (makes DLL hell look like a sanctuary).

Apart from that, yeah they look pretty flash.

ah you obviously stay on one gig to long, get in implement flashy look n feel, people think your great, leave and let them worry about telerik updates.

I agree their js is bloaty and confusing to debug the callbacks, but most api's are confusing. for simple stuff i just use anthem.net, but it doesn't have the web2.0 jazz

Leave a comment:

• scotspine
    replied
    depends what you're looking for. componentart stuff is not bad.

Leave a comment:

• Magnus
    replied
    Originally posted by HankWangford
    telerik, cheap, good support, look good
    I haven't liked Telerik very much.
    - Very buggy;
    - Updates always break things -- either by design i.e. their API changes for no discernible reason, but usually because they seem not even to bother testing before releasing (look at the frequency of their so-called hotfixes);
    - Extremely awkward programming/design interface;
    - Documentation looks like it was written by an ESL student;
    - Adds HUGE overhead to your web pages;
    - 'Features' that are extremely difficult to debug, and in fact can make your own bugs hard to find;
    - Can really mess up the VS IDE in terms of project references (makes DLL hell look like a sanctuary).

Apart from that, yeah they look pretty flash.

Leave a comment:

• Weltchy
    replied
    Write them yourself!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• HankWangford
    replied
    Originally posted by Bright Spark
    currently looking to buy some .NET third party controls for a small app I am working on, this is my plan B.

Does anyone have recommendations? I have looked at "Infragistics" and "Syncfusion" but don't really know which one is better?

telerik, cheap, good support, look good

Leave a comment:

• Bright Spark
    started a topic .NET Third Party Controls

.NET Third Party Controls

currently looking to buy some .NET third party controls for a small app I am working on, this is my plan B.

Does anyone have recommendations? I have looked at "Infragistics" and "Syncfusion" but don't really know which one is better?

Working...
X