• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Modular PSUs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modular PSUs

Just a sanity check.

Can I swap out a faulty PSU for another one by just unclipping all the power cables and leaving them connected to the mobo and other bits, using the same cables to connect to the new PSU?

It feels like that is the whole point of these modular units but I can't help but wonder if the clips into the PSU are proprietory and so not necessarily interchangeable.

Yes I should have given myself a fighting chance at compatibility by buying the same brand as the defunct one but I didn't.

The psu side of things will be proprietory so it will need to be the same brand and even then they may be different cables.

Post what you currently have and we can double check what you a replace it with
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It's all a bit moot as I've ordered a replacement and it's not the same brand as the faulty one. I was just hoping I could get away with being really lazy

Will see what it looks like when it arrives tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
      X