• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Collaborative software for teaching from home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collaborative software for teaching from home

Anyone seen or used any good tools for teachers to use when home schooling kids? My other half school uses something called Connex via tutor room and it looks like it's got everything but a bit flaky.

Need things like whiteboard, video calling, chat, screen share etc without any complex screen swapping etc.

I believe teams will probably be close but not all the kids will have it and it's a bit complicated as it's designed to so much.

Anyone come across anything similar?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Half Life: Alyx seems to work a treat

This school teacher is using VR to teach maths in Half Life: Alyx

Comment

The whiteboard feature in Teams is crap unless you have a digital pen as writing with a mouse is nigh on impossible.

WebEx has good features for creating breakout rooms which is handy for putting students into little groups to work together.

I know a few people at the consultancy I'm at trialled some collaboration software and said things like whiteboards etc were excellent. Sadly the client wasn't interested in supporting it for their staff to use for workshops. Struggling to remember what it was called at the mo.

Comment

Working...
      X