• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

New laptop battery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New laptop battery

Where do you guys an gals get replacement laptop batteries? There seems to be a ton of cheap chinese replacements that seem to last about 5 minutes.

I need a battery I can rely on, so who sells the best replacements with proper Japanese or Korean cells from well known manufacturers?

It's for an ASUS laptop. I don't think ASUS make it any more so can't buy one from them.
    I design idiot proof software. Trouble is, they keep making better idiots.

UPS Batteries, Yuasa Car and Motorcycle Batteries - Free Delivery. | MDS Battery

I've used them on and off for 20 years. But not in the last 5.

EDIT: although it looks like they don't do laptops any more. Probably got undercut by cheap Chinese rip-offs
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Hopefully this is of some use.

Having gone through the pain of a few trashy Chinese rip-off's. I can recommend the following company for replacement laptop batteries.

This company buy them from China, BUT the actual 18650 cells originate from either Japan or Korea.

After 4 months of daily usage they are actually exceeding all expectations!

https://www.laptopsandspares.com/info/contact.html

My trusty old Lenovo T420 now has up to 8 hours on battery, two more hours than the original batteries when new in 1755!!
      Last edited by Hugh Jardon; 20 February 2021, 21:43.
      “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

Comment

Working...
      X