• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Display Port to USB-C

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display Port to USB-C

Is there any way a device with a display port can connect to a USB-C monitor?

I’ve seen lots of examples going from a device with USB-C to Display Port but not sure if works both ways
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Is there any way a device with a display port can connect to a USB-C monitor?

I’ve seen lots of examples going from a device with USB-C to Display Port but not sure if works both ways
    It can't the USB-C on the monitor will contain a pile of processing logic that will require a full USB-C connection to handle.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      It can't the USB-C on the monitor will contain a pile of processing logic that will require a full USB-C connection to handle.
      Just noticed the U2520D has a Display Port input anyway so I can still recommend it

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Sorry the S2721DGF has replaced that as the best buy now.

Access Denied

My work desktop will have 2 of them next week as I upgrade for FS2020 Work purposes.

Comment

Access Denied

My work desktop will have 2 of them next week as I upgrade for FS2020 Work purposes.
          No USB-C?! Not very future proof

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            No USB-C?! Not very future proof
            G-sync though which is rather more useful for the desktop these are connected to which is water-cooled, silent, with a 16 core Ryzen 3950x and a 2080ti (for AI training purposes according to the invoice).

Comment

Access Denied

FS2020 does look good, not my thing though

Microsoft Flight Simulator: The entire world in a game - BBC News

Comment

Working...
              X