• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Diary App for Windows

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diary App for Windows

I'm looking for a lightweight tool for Windows that I can use to make a note of what I'm doing each day.

Is anyone using an application to do this or just Outlook?

TIA
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Is this a list of events/appointments or an actual "Dear Diary" type diary?

Comment

Just some brief notes to record work done for clients.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

There's a calendar app built into Windows 10 (if that's what you're using) that may do the trick?

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          I'm looking for a lightweight tool for Windows that I can use to make a note of what I'm doing each day.

TIA
          I use something called RedNotebook. It's essentially a diary type piece of software. Stores in text files, really easy to backup/transfer elsewhere etc.

Has a keyword search feature so going back to find stuff is really easy.

I'm a network engineer & any configuration changes I make to devices, I keep a record of so its easy to recall if ever asked without going through official change documentation It saves me loads of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post

TIA
            You might want to take a look at Tiddlywiki if you want something a bit more configurable.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
            X