• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alter/emulate camera feed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alter/emulate camera feed

Sorry I don't know the terminology but when you use any video sharing tech, you are asked which camera source. If you want to apply affects or a watermark or song lyrics overlaid, how is that done? Some music software I use lets you broadcast that sort of thing but is there a way you can turn any video-stream into a virtual camera?

I can see how software can easily do live effects/overlays on a camera feed, but how how can the result be then piped out as if it was the camera feed? I guess you even see it on Skype etc when they let you put cat-ears on your face etc.

Curious as to the tech, and any easy software one might use to do this out of the box.

As it happens there is a thread on General but I didn't want to derail it with technical crap: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...st2762610.html
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

So for audio it seems "virtual cable" is a search term, tools like AudioHijack.

For video, "virtual webcam" appears to be what I want. Let me stream any content and other applications will detect a camera delivering this stream.
    Is this what Open Broadcaster Software | OBS is all about? I see people use it for live music/church streams quite a bit.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
    X