• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bluetooth Headphone not pairing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a "Universal" branded headphone sometime ago from my friend as a gift. It worked fine. But recently, I cleared the pair list of my smartphone and tried to repair it with the Bluetooth headphone. But, the smartphone fails to identify it. Does anybody face a situation like this when using Bluetooth headphones?

Bluetooth seems to be a funny beast.

Maybe turn on the headset first and put it in pairing mode before you enable bluetooth on your phone? Then try it the other way around? I have found that repeating this process until I'm ready to throw everything out the window ultimately works.

Make sure the headset is fully charged

Comment

Originally posted by amypang View Post
      I got a "Universal" branded headphone sometime ago from my friend as a gift. It worked fine. But recently, I cleared the pair list of my smartphone and tried to repair it with the Bluetooth headphone. But, the smartphone fails to identify it. Does anybody face a situation like this when using Bluetooth headphones?
      I use a good branded pair, works first time everytime. You buy cheap crap you get what you (or someone) paid for....

Comment

By the way, there's another episode of "how to make" tonight on BBC4 that is going to be about headphones. Last week was toothbrushes and was very interesting and quite technical.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
          By the way, there's another episode of "how to make" tonight on BBC4 that is going to be about headphones. Last week was toothbrushes and was very interesting and quite technical.
          I bet you get invited to all the best parties.....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            I bet you get invited to all the best parties.....
            Just like you do?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Just like you do?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hate to say it. But try restarting the phone. This often fixes problems with Bluetooth. I fixed a pairing problem on an Apple Watch last week, just by restarting the watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Thank you all. I found a solution myself. Assuming reset would help I googled and found a way.I reset my headset pressing and holding the power button for about 10 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by amypang View Post
                    Thank you all. I found a solution myself. Assuming reset would help I googled and found a way.I reset my headset pressing and holding the power button for about 10 seconds.
                    Well it's hard to know how to troubleshoot without knowing what you had, glad you found a solution.

Comment

Working...
                    X