• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stakeholder analysis / management tool

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stakeholder analysis / management tool

The programme for ClientCo has multiple projects and there's repeating stakeholders with varying levels of interest in each project. I quickly saw that some stakeholders will end up being contacted multiple times by members of different projects and could become overloaded or simply get the hump.

Rather than a traditional stakeholder analysis that plots influence and interest, I'm thinking that I need to know which project(s) a stakeholder is interested in, what their role is, and why they have an interest in project A but not project B (SME / nosey / decision maker / will be in charge of the end product when we've gone, etc). I've got in my head some kind of matrix mapping that the projects can use as a reference when planning their engagement and to see if there are ways the programme overall can identify where we can consolidate touch points to reduce the impact on the stakeholders. One meeting instead of three, for example.

Before I try to come up with something, is there a tool (preferably free, be great if it integrated with Teams) that can help me visualise this and make it easy to maintain the who's who?

TIA

Sharepoint should integrate into Teams without a problem* so is Impact Analysis template for SharePoint Project Management any use?

* I know more than am willing to say here due to NDAs...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Thanks - I didn't really think of a sharepoint list approach, it felt a bit old fashioned

I shall have a tinker. It's good to have my own O365 to toy with so I don't have people asking what I'm messing about with before i'm ready to do the big reveal!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Thanks - I didn't really think of a sharepoint list approach, it felt a bit old fashioned

I shall have a tinker. It's good to have my own O365 to toy with so I don't have people asking what I'm messing about with before i'm ready to do the big reveal!
        Kiss Principle, make things over complex or too difficult to use and "administrate" they simply won't be used.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Kiss Principle, make things over complex or too difficult to use and "administrate" they simply won't be used.
          Absolutely! I was just going to do it all in Excel, which would have had a similar layout, and created a front end of pretty pictures.

Comment

Nothing to add, but my god IT is dull especially sleep inducing when I hear the term stakeholders....

Comment

Working...
            X