• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sweet spot for refurbished iPhone as second handset for business use?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    I presume the 6se meant the iPhone SE that was launched between the 6s and 7 according to wikipedia and is the same size as the 5.

Soon to be replaced with the SE 2 out next year for those of us not into 'phablets'.
    not sure what you count as phablet, but the new SE will be the same size as iPhone 6/7/8, not the old size of iPhone 5/SE.

I was sceptical about the size of the 6 initially, but quickly got used to it, the X/XS/11 size is only slightly bigger, all still fitting comfortably in the jeans front pocket

Comment

I presume the 6se meant the iPhone SE that was launched between the 6s and 7 according to wikipedia and is the same size as the 5.

Soon to be replaced with the SE 2 out next year for those of us not into 'phablets'.
      Thank you ?

Comment

Originally posted by BackupBoy View Post
        No such thing as a 6se.

5SE is 4.87in/128.3mm long
        6 and 6s are 5.44in/138.3mm long
        se was launched 4 years after the 5. And 2 years after the 6 and 6s.

The iPhone SE features the same 12 MP camera found on the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus models, with the same 4K video capability
        Last edited by Anonimouse; 18 October 2019, 17:35.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
          not sure what you count as phablet, but the new SE will be the same size as iPhone 6/7/8, not the old size of iPhone 5/SE.

I was sceptical about the size of the 6 initially, but quickly got used to it, the X/XS/11 size is only slightly bigger, all still fitting comfortably in the jeans front pocket

I suppose phablet refers to the super sized 'plus' versions, so the SE2 is rumoured (no facts yet from Apple) to be the smaller size of the non-plus versions with 4.7" screen.

Not sure I'll be waiting till next year anyway unless decide to knock the whole idea of a refurbed iPhone on the head.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

buy a buggered but supported (6S or later) iPhone.
            Take it to an Apple store where they will charge you around £150 for a new (same model) handset and they'll keep the buggered one.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Decide on an iPhone SE 32GB for £118 with 1 year warranty and minimum 80% battery condition via Amazon Renewed.

Could be a future classic if it ain't already. Last of the 4" screen generation and still in Apple support with latest iOS, so should be usable for a good while yet.

Will fit in nicely with my iPod Classic 120gb and iPad 3 (first of the retina displays IIRC). Never felt the need to upgrade them as they still do what I need of them.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Nope. I want the excuse that I left the business phone at home when I don't want to be contactable so don't have to do the 'drug dealer ignoring phone in Pulp Fiction' impression when I'm out and about.

Also, for things like going on holiday where I can easily leave work behind without faffing about with sim cards.

Also, having a personal only phone means it's easy to see I'm not being distracted by work when that matters, or vice versa.
                You can easily disable the second SIM when you want to be out of contact - on my OnePlus6 it's probably 3 clicks or so. Doesn't help your last point but that seems to me less of an inconvenience than physically carrying two phones.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X