• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

"Simplifying" Google Photos and Google Drive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Simplifying" Google Photos and Google Drive

Changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together

I assume many of you got an email referencing this new "feature". I got y email this morning, which gave me a lot of advance warning

I'm not very on the ball with Google Photos as it is but my first impressions are people found a really useful feature tricky, so Google helpfully turned it off?
    If Photos and Drive are now separate, this seems a step back to me - surely the whole benefit of Drive is I can store all my cloudy files in one thing? Now I have to potentially pay for storage in two locations.
    Getting a bit deeper how would one now backup their Google stuff to a NAS or something, given photos cannot (?) be accessed from Drive now?

Interested to hear others' thoughts on this - I use Drive a lot but as I say, Photos I don't understand because I always used Drive to access my Google Photos previously.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Personally I will be unaffected. 99% of any new photos me and my family make are with iPhone and they all go the family iCloud. The ones I make are also uploaded to google photo to share with extended family and friends (not everyone has apple device). I only use google drive for random crap I want to share with someone, my main file/documents cloud storage is OneDrive.

I don't see any practical application to backup cloud data to a local NAS, the flow is usually the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
      I don't see any practical application to backup cloud data to a local NAS, the flow is usually the other way around.
      Purely for ease of access. Though with modern fast, unlimited internet it probably isn't a big deal.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
      X