• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to improve a marketing video?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to improve a marketing video?

Hi, I want to greet everyone first since I'm a new member here.

Anw I'm a CEO of my own start-up company and were still small since I've started it just last year. Were mainly focus for software development and I've found the hard way of coping to this industry (Cause there's alot of competitor). Anyway, I just want to share that I already discuss this to our marketing and they propose to market our business through social media by using Ads, photo and video sharing. I already read an article before regarding on this type of marketing and it seems doable. The only problem that I've encountered here is the video, cause it only have a background music that it looks so dull to watch. I feel that there's something wrong about it but I don't know what is it! I'm stupefied how we can improve this video. Any suggestion is appreciated, thank you in advance.

So, you've got a video with background music that's dull. And you want to know how to improve it. Do you really thinks that's enough background information for any kind of sensible answer?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyMiles View Post
      ...I'm a CEO...
      Well, I'm impressed. Well done.
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Ignore the useless comments from the other two, they're just here to make up the numbers...

Firstly, don't just do one video, do multiple versions based on the target demographic. If you're using social to advertise then the level of targeted filtering that you can do is insane.

Why do you think the video is dull?

What have your marketing team said in response to this?

In all honesty, it just sounds like you have some poor content creators in the team. I suspect this is because the brief they're working to isn't well defined.

Decide on your audience, then figure out the message (value add) you're trying to deliver, then figure out how to get your audience to engage with your advertising.

Using social media for B2B isn't the same as running an advert in the paper, it's about engagement and interaction, not getting people to click a link and buy your product.

Finally, give something away for free. Could be advice, tips, guides, best practice etc. You need to add value for free and the customers will start paying.

Comment

Maybe put the video on YouTube and supply the link - that should give you some decent feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
            Ignore the useless comments from the other two, they're just here to make up the numbers...
            Who rattled your cage?

In all honesty, it just sounds like you have some poor content creators in the team. I suspect this is because the brief they're working to isn't well defined.
            Just like the original question really.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I would ignore the other posters. Here is a classic example of how to make a boring industry specific video interesting, the company is called Welcome to EPCM Professional Services International, Inc..

YouTube

Comment

Turn it into a hip hop video....drape yourself in gold and have lots of ladies with booty and fast cars.

Comment

Firstly, don't just do one video, do multiple versions based on the target demographic. If you're using social to advertise then the level of targeted filtering that you can do is insane.

Why do you think the video is dull?

What have your marketing team said in response to this?

Decide on your audience, then figure out the message (value add) you're trying to deliver, then figure out how to get your audience to engage with your advertising.

Using social media for B2B isn't the same as running an advert in the paper, it's about engagement and interaction, not getting people to click a link and buy your product.

Finally, give something away for free. Could be advice, tips, guides, best practice etc. You need to add value for free and the customers will start paying.
                  Thank you for actually giving a great advice.

Probably your kinda right that we have a poor content cause basically I'm a software developer before I started this business so I really don't know how to approach in this type of marketing. And probably I trust fully for my team that they will do great on their work and now I feel disappointed.

Anyway, I already suggested to the team to at least input a voice-over on the video to makes it more lively and like what you say an interaction to the audience. Hopefully it will work out (cross finger)

Comment

Always keep it short and crisp. Remove unnecessary background music, use CTA formula to drive visitors.
                    Best of luck

Comment

Working...
                    X