• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More SSL problems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More SSL problems

Need a real expert here.

After installing an SSL certificate I found Worldpay was not working on the shopping cart although I had done all the obvious changes to URLs.

Worldpay told me it was because the SSL certificate was using SNI which they did not support. Hostpapa told me that would be fixed by buying a dedicated IP address which I did, but it's still not working.

Most of the online stuff about connections is over my head but Hostpapa appears to be correct. The problem should be sorted but ain't.

Any real experts on this stuff gotta clue? Cheers.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Need a real expert here.

After installing an SSL certificate I found Worldpay was not working on the shopping cart although I had done all the obvious changes to URLs.

Worldpay told me it was because the SSL certificate was using SNI which they did not support. Hostpapa told me that would be fixed by buying a dedicated IP address which I did, but it's still not working.

Most of the online stuff about connections is over my head but Hostpapa appears to be correct. The problem should be sorted but ain't.

Any real experts on this stuff gotta clue? Cheers.
    I've not worked with WorldPay but I take it you have to register the new IP with them? Have you done that?

Comment

Ta WH. Yes, one of the first things I tried.

In fact this problem has done me a favour as didn't realise before churning through their setup pages that they now do a pay as you go option like Paypal's, having been paying an annual fee for years. Will be setting up a new account.
      bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Ta WH. Yes, one of the first things I tried.

In fact this problem has done me a favour as didn't realise before churning through their setup pages that they now do a pay as you go option like Paypal's, having been paying an annual fee for years. Will be setting up a new account.
        May be worth comparing costs with Stripe. I binned using PayPal on an ecommerce site as Stripe were cheaper per transaction (and was a slicker integration with WordPress site).

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
          May be worth comparing costs with Stripe. I binned using PayPal on an ecommerce site as Stripe were cheaper per transaction (and was a slicker integration with WordPress site).
          Cheers, maybe add as another option. Not sure I'd bin Paypal as so many have a Paypal account it will be their first choice.

Incidentally, to any others updating to SSL, yet another problem was that Paypal IPN code was not verifying. Had to update it as here:

how do'-'i'-'modify'-'my'-'ipn'-'php'-'listener'-'to'-'support'-'http1'.'1
          bloggoth

Comment

Working...
          X