• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chrome not refreshing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes you can put a querystring onto an image name to ensure any caching is updated whenever the image changes even if the image name itself stays the same. .e.g. src="image.jpg?123"

Some set the querystring to the image modified date/time, which is easy to automate if using an appropriate scripting/programming language, to ensure it's not missed when making any changes.

This way you don't have to bother worrying about caching and trying to avoid it with 'no cache' approaches that may or may not be used correctly either when setting it (as standards change) or by anything in the chain between the host server and the client browser.

Keeps it simple.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by doconline View Post
      You can add a ?v=x.xx to your css / javascript
      Oh that sounds like what he was saying. Thanks.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
      X