• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Meraki: Upcoming firewall rules..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meraki: Upcoming firewall rules..

Anyone else getting this mail? What am I supposed to do? CBA2RTFM and accountant is about as much use as open toed wellies.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

I've no idea what you are talking about, so it is safe to assume, no I'm not receiving these emails.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      accountant is about as much use as open toed wellies.
      So, quite useful then....?

Originally posted by greenlake View Post

Comment

I run several Meraki gateways and haven’t had any emails about firewall rules...

Comment

Originally posted by BackupBoy View Post
          I run several Meraki gateways and haven’t had any emails about firewall rules...
          Dear Meraki Customer,

As part of ongoing efforts to improve the performance and resiliency of the Meraki Cloud we will be changing the IP addresses used by Cisco Meraki devices to contact the Meraki Cloud.

In order to ensure that customers have time to make these updates, the change will take place 8 weeks from first notice, or after all affected networks have updated their firewalls, whichever comes first. You can prepare for this change by opening up access in your firewall to the IPs and ports listed on your organisation's Firewall Information page (*https://dashboard.meraki.com/manage/...configuration*).

Your Meraki network will continue to operate, but your Meraki devices may experience degraded performance and connectivity to the Meraki cloud if your firewall rules are not modified to include the IPs and ports listed on that page.

If you have any questions regarding this message, please contact Meraki Support at [email protected] or*+1-415-632-5994.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Ta. I look forward to receiving it.

<edit>

Hmm. Am now deeply suspicious. But that's not new. As I said, I'll wait for the email.
            Last edited by BackupBoy; 23 May 2018, 15:49.

Comment

I got this, didn't affect me as I wasn't blocking access to those IP's so I was good.

Check your config in your Dashboard / Templates and make sure you don't have any rules that would block the new IP's
              Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

What am I supposed to do?
                If you have any questions regarding this message, please contact Meraki Support at [email protected] or*+1-415-632-5994.
                PC is standing by to take your call.

Unless it's a lunch break.

Then he's signing on.

Comment

Working...
                X