• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amazon music users... Is it just me or...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon music users... Is it just me or...

... Is the app really unintuitive? I've got it on android, desktop, iPad and even their own Fire TV and I am always fighting it.

For example: I like to listen to albums. I can easily see a list of all my albums... Great. Now let's say I want to pick an album from a specific genre to help me browse.
    I can't. I can see all the songs in that genre grouped by album but not a list of albums. So in Pop I have 43 albums which means scrolling through about 500 tracks.

I genuinely wonder if it is actually this bad, or I'm losing my acuity for new tech now I'm not a teenager... What do other people make of the app? I find their TV one awful compared to Netflix too
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Use it, not had a problem but maybe I don't any specific needs? Will check and get back to you.

Comment

I don't really use it. Buy what I want, use the app to download and then just use other players to play back. I agree though, it's an awful interface.

Comment

It is almost a good interface, annoyingly. I'd like to use it because then it's consistent on all devices and obviously for streaming music, I have to.

If I want to just play an album it's great, but the whole play queue also seems confusing - it can be quite hard to find what you're playing/queuing.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Must try harder!

FWIW, it is even worse in-car - I was pleased to see an update to MMI connect app thingy I have that introduced Amazon Music....works quite seamlessly on the car's screen (key thing here is wireless) but currently a missed opportunity in terms of UI...that said, enables me access to my AM sub, so....
          latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Working...
          X