• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home Broadband

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bulltraderpt View Post
    You are paying £57 a month?

I am with BT, work from home and spoke to them when the black sale season was on and got the exact same package as you but for £30 a month fixed for 18 months.

This Jan I have noticed the same thing on telly. Surely you just need to ring them up and have a chat about it. Do the old I want to leave unless you give me a better service / cut my rates routine.

BTW I can't fault their service it goes down less than once a year, can Vodaphone and Vermin Media boast that?

Yaeah, this is what pisses me off, other people on the same package paying less than me!

The only way we could get it down to £30 would be to drop off infinity 2 to a lower package and thats not going to fly.

Ive phoned them again this morning and they've discounted the package for 12 months but only to £45 which is still more than I'd like to pay but I know they offer a decent service so I'll grudgingly pay a bit more, would have been nice if they offered the new customers only £40 deal to me but they wouldnt budge on it at all.

Maybe next year Ill move to plusnet.

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
      Yaeah, this is what pisses me off, other people on the same package paying less than me!

The only way we could get it down to £30 would be to drop off infinity 2 to a lower package and thats not going to fly.

Ive phoned them again this morning and they've discounted the package for 12 months but only to £45 which is still more than I'd like to pay but I know they offer a decent service so I'll grudgingly pay a bit more, would have been nice if they offered the new customers only £40 deal to me but they wouldnt budge on it at all.

Maybe next year Ill move to plusnet.

Can you threaten them i.e. go to disconnections or what ever the department is?

The other issue you might have is something called "regional pricing".

I.e. if you live in an affluent area they may know you can afford it.

Supermarket and others seem to indulge in this. So do online companies when you go to look at re-quoting or comparing a price, best to go dark (wink wink) and then do it again.

Good luck.

Comment

Zen Internet will do the 76 Mbps deal for £43.99 a month for the first 12 months. For that you get a router, a fixed IP address and no limits or traffic shaping. They also don't block many of the site that BT do.

There is a £55 activation charge though.

https://www.zen.co.uk/yourhome/super...band-packages/
        England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
          Zen Internet will do the 76 Mbps deal for £43.99 a month for the first 12 months. For that you get a router, a fixed IP address and no limits or traffic shaping. They also don't block many of the site that BT do.

There is a £55 activation charge though.

https://www.zen.co.uk/yourhome/super...band-packages/

Ill bear that in mind next time.

I use TOR for anything that BT dont want me accessing which generally gets round blocking. Not noticed any traffic management from BT - or at least not enough to impact us.

Comment

Working...
          X