• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any Azure Guru's among the forums?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azure network security groups won't allow use of DNS names.
    So your choices are:
    1) A firewall appliance that does allow DNS names. I'm not sure if any on the marketplace do that and they're costly as they usually need a D2 VM as a minimum to run.
    2) VPN
    3) Is strong authentication not suitable? Maybe set it to lockout for an hour after 5 failed attempts
    4) A Linux VM running as a firewall as you can get quite funky with that and won't need a D2 VM.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

VPN into the network. It's never a good idea having a windows server with port 3389 open to the public either.

Gareth

Comment

Try and send Lance a PM - he's a cloud god

Or, pay for a static IP from your provider. I'm with PlusNet and they charged me a one-off fee of a fiver to have a fixed IP for the length of the contract. Best internet provider out there IMO.

Edit: Hadn't seen, he had already replied! Teach me to read the whole thread before commenting!

Comment

Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post
          VPN into the network. It's never a good idea having a windows server with port 3389 open to the public either.

Gareth
          I always change my RDS services to run over a different port - usually something like 4489 so I can remember!

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post

Or, pay for a static IP from your provider. I'm with PlusNet and they charged me a one-off fee of a fiver to have a fixed IP for the length of the contract. Best internet provider out there IMO.

Edit: Hadn't seen, he had already replied! Teach me to read the whole thread before commenting!
            Blasphemy.... There's only one cloud god.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post

They don't provide static IP's
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                They don't provide static IP's
                Who doesn't?
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Who doesn't?
                  Vodafone!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Vodafone!
                    Yep - good luck there. But how often does the ip address actually change...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X