• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

USB charging desk/cabinet/thingy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I think I'm going to wait until the world catches up with my great idea, then buy it. I thank you all for your good ideas and if I was a handy man with time I could make my cabinet but I'm not.
    How much are you willing to pay?

I could make work out a daily rate for you for "IT Support", after all this is about a project to design and build a solution to support your IT systems. If I can't do it, I would substitute a carpenter. I also assume your house is outside IR35, but please could you confirm that.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I think I'm going to wait until the world catches up with my great idea, then buy it. I thank you all for your good ideas and if I was a handy man with time I could make my cabinet but I'm not.
      I saw a main powered usb charger (8 devices I think) advertised at the petrol station ~ £15
      Get two of these and just plonk them inside a cabinet.
      The only bit of diy is a drill bit for passing the mains cable through, then just place the cabinet infront of a double socket and bosh, job done

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        I saw a main powered usb charger (8 devices I think) advertised at the petrol station ~ £15
        Get two of these and just plonk them inside a cabinet.
        The only bit of diy is a drill bit for passing the mains cable through, then just place the cabinet infront of a double socket and bosh, job done
        I want something that works, looks good, wire management etc. I could just get a mains extension, put a cardboard box over it and hey presto, but it's not what I'm after. I feel I've been clear on this.

If anyone else continues with this make it yourself that doesn't involve a 3d printer then I will ban you.

Comment

I want something that works, looks good, wire management etc. I could just get a mains extension, put a cardboard box over it and hey presto, but it's not what I'm after. I feel I've been clear on this.

If anyone else continues with this make it yourself that doesn't involve a 3d printer then I will ban you.
          so something like this
          https://www.lindy.co.uk/usb-thunderb...-station-p9146

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            No.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              How much are you willing to pay?

I could make work out a daily rate for you for "IT Support", after all this is about a project to design and build a solution to support your IT systems. If I can't do it, I would substitute a carpenter. I also assume your house is outside IR35, but please could you confirm that.
              My house is just outside Manchester, if that helps. I'm willing to double your normal daily rate and offer you £35 pd.

Comment

My house is just outside Manchester, if that helps. I'm willing to double your normal daily rate and offer you £35 pd.
                It's probably about 1000 days work.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  It's probably about 1000 days work.
                  Really? It's just a mains lead with a cardboard box plonked on top, bit of paint, couple of separators!

Comment

Something custom made?

Not sure on your budget, but this place might near to you, depending where in Manchester you are - J. Roberts Furniture - Home could you get something custom made? Would be able to match or complement the wood / colouring to your existing furniture then? Maybe send them an email with your requirements and see what they can do?

Comment

Really? It's just a mains lead with a cardboard box plonked on top, bit of paint, couple of separators!
                      OK, tell you what, I could do it in 100 days, but I'd have to tweak the rate a smidgen.

£350 a day.

Comment

Working...
                      X