• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inkjet Printers £60 ish

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inkjet Printers £60 ish

Now the outlaws have joined the computer owning world, other half wants to get them a printer.

Must be Inkjet
    Budget aprox. £60
    support A4, color / black

Will probably used for printing Photos mainly so don't want an ink guzzler.

Any hint / advice

Awaiting your wisdom

MG
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Mine is an epson - cartridges off ebay come at about £1 to £2 each, buying in bulk(25 - 30 at a time). Not had any real issues with them - occasionally I have to clean print heads, but not that often. I've only had one duff cartridge. Much better value than the guys who fill cartridges on the high street

Comment

same here - Epson and picked it only because you can get cheap ink. Mine is a r300 - I only bought it because you can print direct to CD's on it. I thing the r2xx (whatever version they are on at the moment) is in that price range.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

You can get a lexmark in Tesco's for approx £20.
        Do you think people who pack the confectionary into boxes at fudge making factories tell people what they do for a living?

Comment

I have a Canon iP6600D and I bloomin' love it.

I havd to buy it quickly as I was out of a printer as my cheapo laser died. Let that be a lesson only ever go HP for lasers these £99 specials in PC World are more hassle than they ware worth (ok, it did last 3 years and print over 10,000 pages - had a page counter on the test page)

Comment

My laserjet 4l is still going strong after all these years - but then I hardly use it as it's still on it's original toner!
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              The LaserJet II I'm using in work is still going, but on its last legs...

Same year as my Samsung monitor, still working when I threw it out last year.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                My laserjet 4l is still going strong after all these years - but then I hardly use it as it's still on it's original toner!
                I have exactly the same. Aquired it 2nd hand in year 2000.
                I have 3 spare toner cartridges for it too! I bet the printer breaks before it runs out of toner. I've never had to change it.

In regards to the original question I love my Epson R300 (Which was about £80 a year ago). I'd seriously consider 1 of those, not a particular big footprint for the printer either so it won't take up loads of desk space.
                -------------
                Cactus

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                  same here - Epson and picked it only because you can get cheap ink. Mine is a r300 - I only bought it because you can print direct to CD's on it. I thing the r2xx (whatever version they are on at the moment) is in that price range.
                  Epson must have improved things in the last few years. When I had one it guzzled ink and, because I hardly used it, the inks would often dry out. Plus the cartridges cost a bundle. A few cartridges and I'd paid more for them than I did for the printer! I got rid of it and now use my accountant's printer whenever I need something printed off.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Big boys use a 4m

Previously enjoyed and still turning out pages!

£30 for new rollers and another few years of happy printing.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X