• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Skype contact

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype contact

I had a potential interview not happen because apparently I refused the Skype request. But there's no mention of this in my Skype. So I assume they had the wrong address.

Skype shows my account like bshawadiwadi, going back many years, and the name like Bob Shawadiwadi. If I search for bshadwadiwadi (using my account so I've no idea if that hides me), I find a couple of people one of whom has the addresss live:bsahawadiwadi, but isn't me. If I search for Bob Shawadiwadi I get a load of people who aren't me, and if I use the long version Robert Shawawadiwadi I get a different bunch of people that aren't me.

Anyone know if there is a way to test that searching for my name returns me? I've given my username before to people and they've found me, but not often. Although I regularly use Skype normally I send other people a contact request. I'm particularly confused that somebody else seems to have the same name as me but with live: on the front - I know MS integrated Skype with MS Live recently because I had to change the password due to my account being hacked.

Grrrr.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

If you have someone your Skype details and email address they should be able to find you unless they are a feckwit.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

To avoid this kind of thing happening I have made my Skype name exactly the same as my email adress. That way, you know your Skype name is unique to you.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Is this a name?

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        I had a potential interview not happen because apparently I refused the Skype request. But there's no mention of this in my Skype. So I assume they had the wrong address.

Skype shows my account like bshawadiwadi, going back many years, and the name like Bob Shawadiwadi. If I search for bshadwadiwadi (using my account so I've no idea if that hides me), I find a couple of people one of whom has the addresss live:bsahawadiwadi, but isn't me. If I search for Bob Shawadiwadi I get a load of people who aren't me, and if I use the long version Robert Shawawadiwadi I get a different bunch of people that aren't me.

Anyone know if there is a way to test that searching for my name returns me? I've given my username before to people and they've found me, but not often. Although I regularly use Skype normally I send other people a contact request. I'm particularly confused that somebody else seems to have the same name as me but with live: on the front - I know MS integrated Skype with MS Live recently because I had to change the password due to my account being hacked.

Grrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
          Is this a name?
          Don't you youngsters learn anything in school?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...awadiwadi.html
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Don't you youngsters learn anything in school?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...awadiwadi.html
            Well, I can conclude that it's not professional at all.

Create a decent skype name for the interviews, hey hang on... this thread is a joke, right?

Comment

Working...
            X