• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Solar Panels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solar Panels

Bought a house, new build in UK, has solar panels, anyone idea how they work, i.e. in terms of how to read what they are doing, how much energy is being used by house and fed back into grid?

No-one bothered to tell me, builder has no idea (contractor installed them), no instructions, and I'm not (or wasn't) here much.

There's a red light on but I think it's supposed to be - some sort of optical reader needed.....

I though they came with some sort of display to show the current output rate. Maybe they bought the cheap version

Comment

I thought that would be the case too.
      My meter was upgraded a while back to one where the display cycles between power imported and power exported to grid, so it's solar panel ready.
      I don't have Solar panels BTW.

Comment

I seem to have the gas meter reading on the electric meter display (or vice versa), suspect the panels are displayed on that....

Comment

Originally posted by jimjamuk View Post
          I though they came with some sort of display to show the current output rate. Maybe they bought the cheap version
          Actually there is a display on it! Just rechecked! 411.50!

Comment

Is it oop north? In which case it will generate 5p per week.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Have you contacted someone to become a feed in tariff customer? If not you need to do that asap, although should be fine as the meter would start from 0 if it's a new build. If you come yesterday the purchase before the end of 2016 i think you should get a better rate, as it came down at the start of the year. We get about £700 per year for ours in Suffolk, which is a nice kickback. Plus you use that electricity too, so try and use big use appliances during the day whilst it's sunny.

Comment

Have PV roof tiles matured yet?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X