• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody boiler question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluetoaster View Post
    Sorted and I am warm and clean again. Happy days
    .... and it's gone again. I suspect the diverter valve but I've chickened out and called a plumber.

Comment

.... and it's gone again. I suspect the diverter valve but I've chickened out and called a plumber.
      .... and fixed again. My friendly plumber prodded the diverter valve and gave it a squirt of WD-40. Clever people these plumbers.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        And there we are: Error code E L and E H.

PCB error.

i.e. replace the replacement PCB that was replaced 2 years ago and has run for all of 3 weeks in total since then.

Now thinking of buying a replacement off ebay, since it can't be any worse than the piece of crap that's in there currently.
        Could it be the cold has caused the solder joints to break?
        I remember a story of someone putting a faulty pcb into an oven and cooking it to get the joints to reconnect. Could be worth a try if you know someone corgi registered willing to take it out and put it back in again.
        Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

.... and fixed again. My friendly plumber prodded the diverter valve and gave it a squirt of WD-40. Clever people these plumbers.
          I suggest you look on line for a new diverter valve head. They are readily available and depending on the make are dead simple to change. Just clipping onto the valve body. HTH.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
          X