• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Website messaging proxy system a-la gumtree

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website messaging proxy system a-la gumtree

Does anyone here have experience with coding a messaging relay system in a website or could point me in the right direction?

Let's say I put up a page and on there is a contact box where anyone can send me a message. I wouldn't want to expose my email nor necessarily the sender's so there would have to be some sort of a proxy mechanism or a messaging system.

There are no user accounts so pure internal messages based on that are out. The handles are email addresses.

I know gumtree does something of that nature but do you know of any off the shelf solutions (free or paid)?

The system is built using Azure, MVC, SendGrid.

I'm struggling to understand what you are trying to achieve, it could be me and being tired.

Are you wanting a chat room type thing, so the user clicks on a button up pops a window and you can chat away with someone? Or are you wanting a contact us form?
    Last edited by woohoo; 12 December 2016, 23:26. Reason: tired, tired

Comment

A bit of a contact that person box. If you've ever used Gumtree you get the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by zazou View Post
        A bit of a contact that person box. If you've ever used Gumtree you get the idea.
        I haven't used gumtree. I looked on their site and nothing obvious. So I'm going to leave it there until you provide more info or someone else can work out what you want.

Comment

Lots of free PHP solutions for a contact page that will send an email to you without exposing your email address.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Lots of free PHP solutions for a contact page that will send an email to you without exposing your email address.
            I think that's partly what he's getting at. The other half is an email server that routes fake email addresses to the real address.

so as email is sent to the seller ([email protected]) it comes from [email protected] and responses to [email protected] are grabbed and resent to [email protected] from [email protected].

Hence all contact details are hidden from the other party by the email server intercepting the emails and redirecting them.

And that is going to require some work...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
            X