• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

High Resolution Printing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Resolution Printing

If I am looking to print something A2 size, what size resolution of a file should I be looking at as a minimum for a good quality print?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

It depends on what you are printing on - the resolution for a canvas print would not be as high as let's say a Matt or gloss print. If I just want some cheap prints I will use Tesco or similar and they have a basic web app that checks your file against the print size. But if I am printing something to let say hang up in the living room, I will use PrintSpace as I have their printer profiles downloaded. My edit work flow would be lightroom for general adjustments, then photoshop and colour correct to the print profile and create the file size and resolution recommended for that printer and print.

Comment

I'd suggest 300dpi for A2

http://blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/arti...n-print-design

Comment

What is it you are printing?
        If it's a photo...
        What resolution is the existing image? (Not DPI, but pixels)
        How is it going to be viewed? I.e. In a room at home, on an office wall, etc
        Will it be framed?
        How big is the print run?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

300dpi without resampling would mean a 35MP image to start with.
          The biggest I've had mine printed was A0, but I just supplied the image, a graphics department did the rest. When I print for framing, I try to stay above 150dpi, and 180 produces an excellent result.

Comment

Its a map, it will hopefully be a one off print run and I am hoping to get it printed professionally on high quality paper.
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Is it this map:

Are you Dr. Miguelito Loveless ?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Its a map, it will hopefully be a one off print run and I am hoping to get it printed professionally on high quality paper.

https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/sho...made-maps.html

I got one of these as a Christmas present a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                X