• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smart phone that doesn't start with "i" and has a large screen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WileyFox range?

Cheap, dual sim so ideal for a work and private sim card, etc.
    Comes with its own Android OS, written especially for it.

My lad has the Swift and loves it.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Moto X Style

Nexus 6P

Samsung Galaxy Note 5

All worth a look

Comment

I'm very happy with my Nexus 6P. Would consider a Oneplus 3 but my Oneplus 2 was crap.

Comment

Originally posted by jfazzie View Post
          OnePlus?

I'm onto the 3 now, brilliant phone. Only gripe is the slowness of releasing OS updates.
          Although it's only 5.5" screen so might not be big enough.

Or maybe nexus 6P...
          +1 had a oneplus 1. Recently moved on to a 3, a great phone. Root and you'll get updates quicker and for longer than any of the big manufacturers

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
            I'm very happy with my Nexus 6P. Would consider a Oneplus 3 but my Oneplus 2 was crap.
            I'm fairly certain they admitted the 1+ 2 should have been better.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBA View Post
              I'm fairly certain they admitted the 1+ 2 should have been better.
              I liked the OPO, but my OPT just kept freezing at inopportune moments. When it worked, it was great - dual SIM, nice screen etc. - but it just wasn't reliable enough.

I love the fingerprint sensor being on the back of the Nexus 6P though, it just feels more natural to hold it that way and unlock it like that.

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
                I liked the OPO, but my OPT just kept freezing at inopportune moments. When it worked, it was great - dual SIM, nice screen etc. - but it just wasn't reliable enough.

I love the fingerprint sensor being on the back of the Nexus 6P though, it just feels more natural to hold it that way and unlock it like that.
                It's in the same position on the Huawei P6 that I'm currently playing with... Very easy to use...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  I've got this, pretty cheap now. You might struggle for apps so check if you need something before buying, saying that the only thing Im missing is a nest app for the IP cam.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobi...pecifications/
                  Windows phone (OS).

Windows Phone Is Basically Dead, Gartner Says - Mobile Operating System

Less than 1% of the market. Apps are actually vanishing from the store, not that there are any useful ones left mind.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Windows phone (OS).

Windows Phone Is Basically Dead, Gartner Says - Mobile Operating System

Less than 1% of the market. Apps are actually vanishing from the store, not that there are any useful ones left mind.
                    As i said check the apps are there that you want. I've got all the apps that i want (netflix, kindle, email, ms office, etc) with the exception of the nest app. I'm not sure whats going to happen with the rumored surface phone in 2017 but I've got a pretty good phone on the cheap.

I've got a lg nexus and iphone in front of me that I use for testing. The os on both are inferior to the windows os - in my opinion. So nice os, bit different and the hardware is pretty good considering just over £300 quid.

Comment

I've had the Sammy S7 Edge for a few months now and am more than happy with it. Does everything I need it to do.
                      Got the wife a Huawei P9 last month.

Both are excellent phones. The P9 camera is without doubt one of the best out there, if not the No1.

Comment

Working...
                      X